We have seen Impact Wrestling literally kill off characters, but this time one actually came back from the dead… Friday night’s all-new episode saw Jessicka Havok battle Su Yung, eventually leading to a backstage segment where she hung her over a stairwell using an actual noose.
Later in the show Yung was shown in the hospital being treated by doctors when she flatlines, and they are unable to save her. Until… she mysteriously comes back to life about 30 seconds later.
Mahabali Sheera Returns to Action
In case you missed it, Mahabali Sheera returned to Impact Wrestling last week and aligned himself with Gama Singh and the Desi Hit Squad. The former Ring Ka King Champion defeated Cody Deaner in his first match back with the promotion in a little over two years.
Santana and Ortiz said farewell to Impact Wrestling this Friday night on a brand new episode, wrestling one final match against friends Rich Swann and Willie Mack.
The former world tag team champions are of course on their way to All Elite Wrestling, but in story they were written off Impact television after suffering a loss to The North two weeks ago, where LAX put their jobs on the line against the titles, coming up short.
Following their farewell match against Swann and Mack this week, Santana and Ortiz were joined by nearly the entire locker room. Dozens of stars filled the ring to celebrate with one of the best tag teams in the world.
While they will not be using the name “LAX” going forward, Santana and Ortiz are expected in AEW immediately. They appeared at ALL OUT over Labor Day weekend in Chicago, following the Young Bucks and Lucha Brothers ladder match, and there has been a ton of speculation about them being Chris Jericho’s mystery partners on the debut episode of AEW TV on TNT.
Impact Wrestling Results September 20, 2019 Mexico City, Mexico
– A video package opens the show looking back at all the greatest moments and matches from LAX throughout the years in Impact Wrestling.
– Rhino, Rob Van Dam, Tessa Blanchard & Tommy Dreamer def. Dave Crist, Jake Crist, Madman Fulton & Sami Callihan in an 8-Person Tag Team Street Fight
– Ace Austin sold the effects of last week’s beatdown from Eddie Edwards… in a wheelchair. Alisha was tending to him, looking all concerned for his wellbeing. He kept saying how it was all Eddie’s fault, and how Eddie was never there for Alisha.
– Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Champions The North were shown partying backstage. Ethan Page said they were celebrating LAX finally leaving the company, and he was going to go find some more people to add to the party.
– Taya Valkyrie def. Alisha Edwards
– The North continued to party backstage, and by “party” I mean wander around annoying and bullying half the locker room. That is, until they met Rhino, who ripped up their piñata.
– Mahabali Shera def. Cody Deaner
– The Rascalz def. Arez, Australian Suicide & Toxin in a 6-man tag team match
– Moose was shown walking around Mexico trying to pick fights with people, while trashing Ken Shamrock.
– We got to hear from Tenille Dashwood for the first time since her in-ring debut. She talked about doing a lot in her career, but wanting to come to Impact to face the Knockouts. She called out names like Tessa and Madison Rayne, but talked about the personal history between her and Taya Valkyrie, and essentially said she was coming for the Knockouts title.
– Havok def. Su Yung in a No Disqualification Match
– They showed footage from Melissa Santos’ bachelorette party, where Joey Ryan showed up as a stripper. Welcome back, Joey!
– Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. LAX
– The show ended with all four men celebrating in the ring, as the locker room came out to pay their respects to LAX on a great run there. One of the best tag teams Impact ever had.
– The last shot was a video package of Su Yung being worked on by medics after the match with Havok. She literally flatlines and they pronounce her dead, before she sat up and came back to life.
Tonight on Impact airing on Pursuit and Twitch: * Shera vs. Cody Deaner * The Final match for LAX: LAX vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack * No DQ: Havok vs. Su Yung * Street fight: Ove vs. RVD, Tessa Blanchard, Tommy Dreamer & Rhino * AAA (Australian Suicide, Arez & Toxin) vs. The Rascalz
Two of the hardest-hitting wrestlers in the world are set to collide as Impact Wrestling brings its annual Bound for Glory pay-per-view to Chicago on October 20 for the first time in 11 years.
“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin took to Twitter this week to speak on his upcoming match against the ace of Pro Wrestling Noah, Noamichi Marufuji, and what that opportunity means to him after being a fan of Japanese wrestling for most of his life.
“I’ve spoken a lot about my love of Japanese pro wrestling. In 1992 I first saw AJPW and it changed my view of the sport. Even then, at such a young age I knew my goal was to perform in Japan. In 2003 I had my debut, but I had begun training in 2002 and at a time Pro Wrestling Noah was the biggest company in Japan, and was receiving the most praise in North America. I still loved my favs from AJPW, but 1 new wrestler stood out to me. That was Marufuji, around that time a lot of fans were on the Kenta bandwagon but I was a Marufuji guy. Forward 16 years later and I get a match with a true Japanese legend. In 2013 I was scheduled for a match against him, but an injury prevented him from making the trip stateside. To say I was disappointed at that time would be a huge understatement. But all good things come to those who wait. On October 20th live on PPV Impact Wrestling presents Bound for Glory. This may not be for a championship, it may not be the last match of the night. But mark my words, it will be the main event, and it will be the match that people go home talking about.”
Demus & Dave The Clown vs. Chris Dickinson & Mascarita Sagrada Winners: Mascarita Sagrada & Chris Dickinson Team Impact: Josh Alexander, Michael Elgin, and Sami Callihan vs. Team AAA: Murder Clown, Drago, and Faby Apache Winners: Team Impact (Josh Alexander, Michael Elgin, and Sami Callihan) Flamita vs. Puma King vs. Daga vs. Aerostar in a Fatal-4 Way to determine… Read More AAA Invades New York Results 9/15/19